New year — this is certainly good, but the news of high technology — on schedule. Today we will tell you so dangerous last year's Olivier and whether it is possible to get to Mars, if you constantly drive a round dance around the Christmas tree. Actually no, but now you're intrigued?
1. Prepare your money — from 1 January in Russia decreased threshold for duty-free purchases in foreign online stores. Yeah, now I have to pay if the total amount of products ordered during the month in foreign online stores, 500 euros, or the total weight of the orders exceeds 31 kg.
Who will help to charge fees? Of Course, The "Mail Of Russia"! She will now make customs operations with goods purchased for personal use. For this the company will work with the electronic system of the Federal customs service (FCS): to inform who, what and how much is ordered, including to consider the total weight and value of goods for one month.
For a buyer, little will change — just when ordering on the website foreign online store, he would pay not only the cost of the goods (and delivery if it is paid), but the fee, which is calculated automatically. The fee will be 30% of the product cost, but not less than 4 euros for each kilogram over the limit.
2. Meanwhile, news from a parallel universe — at CES showed a working a flexible smartphone! The company Royole brought FlexPai first fully functional flexible smartphone. All of you correctly read. A little-known company surpassed Samsung shows at the CES a fully working gadget with flexible, folding in half screen. Moreover, this device is already sold.
Device FlexPai is a 7.8 inch flexible smartphone that runs on the Snapdragon 855. And since the novelty has already went on sale, then we may and the first available to buy a device running the new mobile chipset. They say the screen is able to provide 200 000 flexes. This is how many times do I have to sit on it by accident!
However, some decisions still raise questions. For example, in the apparatus there is no mechanism that would block the screen when the gadget is in the expanded state. Anyway the device is very unusual, the compromise, and in some aspects very controversial. While this all looks very clumsy.
3. And Hyundai showed a rescue vehicle with four legs. He will be able to drive on the roads, step over the wide cracks and even climbing the small wall. Yes, such a thing would be useful when driving on unpeeled snow from the Moscow court.
Each of the four legs of an unusual vehicle is equipped with a wheel with individual drive. Limbs able to move in different directions — such flexibility to provide moving mechanisms in the field of "pelvis", "knee" and "Shin" of the robot. Wheels can turn 360 degrees around its vertical axis. Directly cyborg.
The Motors of the robotic vehicle is connected to the battery with a capacity of 66 kWh., while driving on normal roads Hundai Elevate almost indistinguishable from conventional cars, as the limbs folded under the body. So Skynet is hiding among us!
4. speaking of aliens — the telescope Kepler helped to find another exoplanet habitable! K2 exoplanet-288Bb located at a distance of 226 light-years from Earth, in the constellation Taurus. There are two red dwarf in different sizes, distant from each other, the Exoplanet revolves around the smallest of them — it creates conditions where there may be water in liquid form. Year on this planet is equal to only one month is not Earth.
Kepler completed the work in late October of last year from-for shortages of fuel. Stop his work does not mean that scientists will stop looking for exoplanets. Instead of the failed device search will telescope TESS. Also similar studies conducted by the Observatory Hubble, which will subsequently be replaced by a telescope, the James Webb.
Previously, using data from Kepler, astronomers have found at least 2600 planets, 50 of which can be the same size and temperature as Earth. So to immigrate there somewhere! However, to get there quickly fail.
5. Wanted a quantum computer in the bedroom? They have with IBM, which introduced at CES its first commercial quantum computer for use outside the laboratory. 20-Cubana the system combines in one box the quantum and classical computing components.
Although IBM describes it as the first fully integrated universal system for quantum computation, designed for scientific and commercial use, it is worth mentioning that the 20-Cubana machine is not so powerful for most commercial applications. But for "DotA" power is enough.
Of Course, this box — IBM Q — still huge, but it includes everything you need companies to start experimenting with quantum computing, including mechanisms to cool the equipment. So if you do not have a garage, this thing can't. And it will cost more than the wing of the aircraft.
These are the main news from the world of high technology for the week. How do you like them? Tell . Looks like a robotic future is waiting for us soon, and the exploration of new planets is not far off.
Why is the new Oculus zuest 2 better than the old model? Let's work it out together. About a decade ago, major technology manufacturers introduced the first virtual reality helmets that were available to ordinary users. There were two ways to find yo...
DARPA has launched the development of a neural engineering system to research a technology that can turn soldiers into cyborgs Despite the fact that the first representatives of the species Homo Sapiens appeared on Earth about 300,000 - 200,000 years...
Marsha constructions n the surface of the Red Planet SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is hopeful that humans will go to Mars in the next ten years. Adapted for long flight ship Starship is already in development, but scientists have not yet decided where exactly...
Hybrid Air Vehicles, the company that built the aircraft Airlander 10 (the world's longest aircraft, also known as the "flying butt" for its similarities with the ass), said that the current prototype will not be rebuilt, but it w...
In early January, researchers and engineers from the University of Glasgow (Scotland) delivered to the southernmost continent on the planet modified version of the prototype drilling rig, which will be used on Mars, according to t...
often introduces us to a fictional future worlds that seem to be nothing more than the imagination of their creators. However, only in the last 100 years mankind has made incredible technological progress and no small role in thi...